Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dog Lover: I Am



                Not all of us appreciate an animal. I’m not one of them. I love dogs. They have been part of my life. They keep me accompanied when my parents are away. Because of them, I don’t feel alone. Because of them, I have what we call “brothers”. And because of them, I become a dog lover.
                Before the existence of our dogs, I was always alone at home for my parents have to supply our business. I am an only child. I never knew what it feels like to have a brother or a sister but I learned to appreciate friends for they were the one that stands us my brothers and sisters. One of my greatest friends is my pets, Pawee and Kuji. Both of them are males or male dogs. They were raised and nurtured in our house. They are loved and will always be loved. They always make me happy and I’m trying my best to make them happy too.
                At first, I was very reluctant in having a pet at home and it’s not only me but also my mom, but thanks to my dad that we were convinced to have them for my dad really loves dogs since his childhood. I can still recall when my father told my about his memorable moments with dogs. While our dogs were still puppies, they always make a mess in the house. They make the floor dirty especially when I mop the floor, they run though it even though it is still wet thus leaving the wet floor with their footprints. They bite some furnitures specifically our salas.  They leave their bowels everywhere and later on, we can just smell something which indicates their wastes. Every time I went home, they easily get excited and jumped over me making my uniform dirty. They bark so loud that we can’t even hear the television. But those were just the beginnings. Later on, they were disciplined enough to understand us and to have a proper behavior. They knew when to play with us and when to behave. In our side also, we were able to know their needs and wants.
                As months passed, they are becoming part of our life. I have totally accepted them not only as my pets but as my brothers. I can still remember the time when one of them was sick. I was so worried that I want to check on them every minute. Even if I’m into something, I still can’t stop thinking about them. It makes me sad to think that they are suffering from such illness.  With that, it only proves that they have an impact in my life.
                Some of the best traits that I can’t forget about them are when I get out of our house and went to school, they look so sad and do a crying voice. Every time I eat my meal in the table, they patiently wait for me to give them some food. When they hear the cracking sound of our gate, they quickly rushed through the gate and see who is coming in. When I feed them with their food, they graciously waggle their tails. During Christmas and New Year, they usually hide underneath my parent’s bed to escape the loud popping sound of firecrackers. When they are newly bathed, they stay in our backyard to dry their fur under the heat of the sun. When they fell asleep during afternoon, I love their different sleeping positions. It is just so weird to look at. When they hear the ‘meow’ sounds of a cat, they rushed to where the sound is and find for the cat. It’s just so funny to think that even in their natural moves they make me happy. Those are my dogs and I love them for who they are.
                It is just so sad to think that some of us don’t even care for them. Others want them to be eaten and some wants them to be abandoned and ignored as if they do not exist. I can even hear or watch if from the televisions that dogs are being killed using a gas chamber. Those are just so anti-animals.  Do they not know the importance of dogs in our household and do they not even know that having a dog in our house adds a 2 years lifespan on us. Dogs are considered as the man’s bestfriend and so we humans should also be the bestfriend for them, but I cannot please everybody for we have different views in life.  
                One thing is for sure, being a dog lover will never be taken away from me. Many years may pass and many dogs will come and go, but this trait will remain in me. I don’t how it started and I don’t want this to have an end.  Because of them, I’ve learned to love and appreciate some animals too like cats, lizards and even some insets.
                How I wish my dogs can read this, so that they will know how important they are in my life.
                        
                        How about you? Are you a dog lover too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...