Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Street Crimes: So Alarming

          As I was waiting for a jeepney at the front of a popular mall here in Cebu, I witnessed a street crime. A lady was snatched with her necklace. The suspect run smoothly without someone going after him. He was able to escape from his crime and leaving the poor lady in great dismay. The people around us was very curious on what happened to the lady and totally forget about the suspect. After few seconds, the jeepney arrive and I was able to ride on it. While I'm in the jeepney, I was able to reflect on what kind of society do we have, on how secured are we in the streets. I suddenly remember that what happened a while ago was the only street crime that I have witnessed. It really makes me so alarming that the street crimes are getting frequent everyday.


          Another street crime that I've witness had happened while I was inside the jeepney. My co-passenger, whom is a young woman, was looking outside with the jeepney's window wide open. When the jeepney got slowed because of the traffic, a dirty looking young man punched my co-passenger in her cheek without any reason at all. The young man then quickly run away that he was no longer visible to us.After that incident, the poor young woman had nothing to do but cry on to herself because of the pain that resulted to that punch in her cheek.


          After reflecting those incident, I cannot stop thinking on how does the law enforcement agency can solve this kind of problems. In the other side, maybe we humans have to cleanse or environment as well as the  people living in it. If only this kind of incident are properly reported to the authorities and the authorities, as well, will do their part in taking action to this, then maybe we can resolve this street crimes. The problem in our society is that we ignored those small things without thinking that those small things will eventually become big and uneasy to handle.


           Hopefully those incidents will be an eye opener to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...