Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Keen Eye


       
              The above pictures amazed me so much. And I don't know why.


          As I was walking in our backyard, I noticed this particular leaf that looks strange. I approached it and suddenly I realized that there was something on it. At first, I was really afraid to go near to it, thinking that it might be a harmful insect but then it was a larva. If you won't take a close look on it, you won't be able to know that the leaf has a larva on its top since the larva just camouflage with the leaf's color. 


          It's been a long time that I've been amazed with what I've seen in our backyard. Most of the time, I don't see anything interesting in our backyard. I see them just like the other day and the other month, same  plants and position. But the time that I've come across with this larva, I got more fascinated in checking our backyard everyday, hoping to see more interesting object. I just love how this simple insect awakens my nature-loving heart. 


          This thing simply defines the idea that you cannot see everything with just one glimpse. With an active sight as well as an active mind, we will never run out of things to discover. It might be small enough to be quickly noticed or so big enough to be ignored. It is just a matter of being aware on our environment.


          Who would have thought that a small insect like a larva can get my attention at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...